This post originally appeared on my Paper Swallow Events blog. I've been divvying up my personal and business blogging, so I'm transferring the personal posts over to this site.
For Michael's birthday last month he requests an all hor d'oeuvre dinner; a combination of his favorite finger foods versus an actual meal. His mom and I had a fun time determining which hor d'oeuvres we would cook. It was a bit labor intensive, but overall it was a really fun evening. I think we should definitely build these into our meal plan as an occasional thing.
One of the hor d'oeuvres I knew we had to make were the jalapenos poppers my friend Emily taught me how to make. They're so easy, delicious, and a little bit spicy! They wouldn't be loved by those who do not enjoy spicy foods, but I don't generally enjoy peppers and I like these, so they can convert some people. ;)
Jalapenos Poppers Recipe
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
8-12 jalapenos (Depending on the size and how much you stuff them.)
1 16 oz. package of sausage
Parmesan cheese (I use the already grated kind that Kraft sells.)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and set the cream cheese and sausage out so they get closer to room temperature.
2. Cut all your jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
3. Mix your sausage, cream cheese, and parmesan cheese together in a bowl. I don't have a precise measurement for the parmesan cheese (sorry!). My best estimate would be around 1/2 a cup.
4. Fill each of your jalapenos with the sausage/cream cheese/parmesan mixture. As you fill them place them in a casserole dish to keep them all upright during the cooking process.
5. Cook until the peppers turn a darker green and the sausage mixture turns golden/looks cooked. About 20-30 minutes.
6. Enjoy! They taste great by themselves or with some sour cream for those who don't enjoy the spicy flavor.
What are some of your favorite party foods?
Hello, I'm Stacia!
I believe that adventure exists even in your back yard, that beauty can emerge from every day moments, that creativity can take many forms, that makeup washes off at the end of the day (so why not have a little fun!) Let's be friends!
Join Me on Instagram!
Explore my shop Instagram!